This course covers several key tasks and techniques for managing terminology, outside of the work in the termbase itself, which is covered in detail in course group 3. Topics covered include term extraction, file formats, TBX, workflows, and quality assurance. After the course, you will complete a quiz to test your knowledge.
The following acronyms are used:
- ATE – Automatic Term Extraction
- CA – Controlled Authoring
- CAT – Computer-Assisted Translation
- TM – Translation Memory
- TMS – Terminology Management System
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization
Note that these acronyms are also used for the plural form, e.g. TMS, not TMSs, for Terminology Management Systems.