Termologic offers consulting, education, and services in developing and managing terminology databases for global commercial enterprises and multinational organizations. Terminology databases are state-of-the-art computerized language aids that enable content producers, such as writers and translators, to do their jobs better and faster. They can include various types of language data, such as company-specific terminology, names of products, programs, and other company offerings, branding and marketing expressions, legal and safety notices, search keywords, and terms from vertical industries that the company is engaged in. Many of the so-called “terms” that need to be managed in an enterprise to support global communications are not terms at all, according to historical and conventional views. We have therefore coined a new word to refer to the wide range of content types that can be managed like terminology: “micro-content”. See our Resources page for videos on micro-content.
To be globally competitive, companies need to provide their products, services, and information in the languages of the markets that they seek to penetrate. Globally-active companies and organizations spend an estimated 25 billion US dollars a year on translation services. They are continually looking for ways to reduce their translation costs, often turning to computer technologies such as machine translation, controlled authoring, translation memory, and workflow management systems. These tools are beneficial, but they can only be optimized if you also have a terminology database.
Termologic also has expertise in multilingual Search Engine Optimization (SEO). We design our terminology databases so that they can be leveraged to raise the ranking of your Web pages in search results, in any language and market in the world.
We provide consulting and services for developing linguistic databases to support commercial content production. Our services include:
- Demonstrating the ROI of managing terminology and other expressions to your executive management
- Defining and implementing a terminology management process for your organization
- Educating employees on managing and using terms and other expressions correctly
- Standardizing your company terminology
- Developing a company terminology database
- Integrating terminology and other key words into controlled authoring (CA) and computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools
- Developing optimal search keywords for your products, and integrating them into your web pages to increase search results
- Providing advice for selecting and implementing any suitable software, to guarantee quality and improve productivity
- Providing design specifications for developing custom software
- Ensuring that international standards are adhered to, with respect to database models and data formats
- Performing a cross-company audit to establish whether terminology meets acceptable Quality Assurance levels
- Extract terms and key expressions from your content files to rapidly expand your linguistic database.